Silicone render is a great way to preserve the exterior façade of your property. It is durable, easy to install and can be applied to most properties from domestic houses to industrial and commercial units.
A silicone rendering solution offers a great way to protect properties from the UK weather. It can also help limit damp penetration as well as giving your home a beautiful façade that will look amazing for many years to come.
How is Silicone Render Different to Other Types of Render?
Silicone render is a multi-layer system of rendering, unlike the popular monocouche render options. It consists of a basecoat layer made from cement and fibreglass that provides a strong protective layer to the property. On top of this, a second layer of silicone render is applied. The silicone in the topcoat is more water repellent than other renders and as such more suited to walls that suffer from damp or are subjected to high moisture content.
As the top layer is silicone-based it is also more resistant to cracking making it useful for buildings where the underlying substrate (the surface beneath the render) is expected to move over time.
For a comprehensive guide on how silicone render is applied, head over to BuildIt.
The Benefits of Silicone Render
While silicone render is trickier and generally takes longer to apply than a one coat solution like monocouche render, it provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Allows the underlying structure to breathe – while the silicone topcoat is water-resistant it still allows the underlying wall surfaces to breathe. This can help prevent moisture build-up and damp developing on both internal and external wall surfaces.
- Extensive design options – like many other modern rendering options, silicone render can be coloured and finished in a variety of different ways offering a selection of design options for properties.
- Long-lasting and low maintenance – the high silicone content in silicone render makes it easier to clean (it actually cleans itself when it rains). It will still require some maintenance over time, but the amount of care required is generally far less than other rendering options. On top of this, silicone render is incredibly durable and will last for many years before needing replacing.
- Will not crack – the high silicone content in silicone render allows it to “move” with the underlying structure. This makes it naturally resilient to cracking.
- It is UV resilient – silicone render is UV resilient meaning the colour will fade less over time.
Silicone Rendering in Oxford: Call J & H Lynch
If you’re looking for a trusted silicone rendering solution in the Oxford area, you need to call J & H Lynch. We offer a wide range of domestic and commercial rendering options and have years of experience with every type of property in Oxford. All our specialists are qualified, skilled, and fully-trained to ensure that we leave your home looking beautiful and protected for many years to come – without the fuss.